Yesterday I gave you my top fashion pics from the Academy Awards red carpet. Now being a makeup girl and beauty blogger at heart it would be ridiculously rude of me not to run through my fave beauty looks of the night.
On Sunday night we saw the usual chignons, fluttery lashes and nude lips. However there were some new themes this year. Elegant ponytails, bold lips and brushed up brows were very visible! I
So then let’s get into it. Here are my top ten beauty looks…
10. Jennifer Lopez – I know I had a lot to say about the makeup disaster that was Jen’s Golden Globe makeup. She definitely turned it around last night though. That incredibly elegant ponytail, perfect brow, flawless skin and understated pink lip just looked incredible next to that amazing Elie Saab gown.
9. Felicity Jones – for me this is how a nominated actresses makeup should look. Felicity is giving me old/new Hollywood and pulling it off amazingly well. The only reason she isn’t right near the top of my list is her hair. Don’t get me wrong I do like it but, it’s just a little messy for me.
8. Scarlett Johansson – if you want to know how you make editorial translate to the red carpet just look at Scar Jo’s makeup here. If I’m going to recreate any look from Sunday night I reckon it’ll be this one.
7. Sienna Miller – Sienna’s makeup artist must have been thinking along the same lines as Reese Witherspoon’s. Opting for a neutral smokey eye and nude lip, this elegant look was perfect.
6. Reese Witherspoon – another neutral smokey eye and nude lip, combined with natural flowing locks. This look allowed Reese’s incredible dress to take centre stage.
5. Dakota Johnson – Dakota’s MUA had a difficult job on their hands on Sunday night. I mean she is stunningly beautiful so no difficulty there, but then there was that dress. I loved that dress but her glam squad had to ensure that it stayed classy and chic. Her simple ponytail, brown smokey eye and pink/red lip looked timeless and set her dress off perfectly.
4. Jessica Chastain – this gurl has got her makeup game down! Everytime I see her she is flawless! Just look at her!
3. Lupita Nyong’o – I think this has got to be the most beautiful Lupita has ever looked. I loved her look so much on Sunday night. Her skin was beyond flawless and that silver smokey eye…amazing!
2. Emma Stone – I don’t know what part of Emma’s look I loved more on Sunday. Her dress, wavy faux bob, bold lip or stunning skin?
1. Margot Robbie – Holy CRAP! Has anyone anywhere ever looked more beautiful than Margot did on Sunday? I mean it’s just obscene how gorgeous she is. Her hair and makeup were just flawless, and those brushed up brows, and gorgeous lashes, and that amazing lip… I could go on and on. Absolutely my fave beauty look of the night by a mile!
Right then guys, that’s my pics for the Oscar beauty looks. Would you have had them in the same order? Would you have other starlets on the list? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
PEACE & LOVE
Sonya D x
All pictures courtesy of Glamour.com