Following on from yesterdays Lipstick Addict Tag I thought I’d finally get round to a long overdue post. My top 10 M.A.C. lipsticks. I mean there are ridiculous amounts of lipsticks in the range and they can be real ‘mothers’ to choose between. So for what it’s worth here are my top picks…
1. Angel – this is a pinky nude that suits just about any skin tone. It has gained cult status due to the fact that Kim Kardashian favoured it for many years. It does look a close match to Creme Cup but as it’s a frost it’s a lot more sheer and forgiving to dry lips.
2. Creme Cup – Yes another pinky nude that is perfect for us cool skin-toned girls.Creme Cup has to be my absolute fave nude of all time. It’s from the cremesheen range so it’s super creamy and glossy.
3. Costa Chic – Even though this is a frost, a finish I usually hate, it has a beautiful vibrant finish. It is the perfect pink/coral that can be worn throughout the year.
4 Vegas Volt – Oh honey this is a serious lipstick that is not for the faint hearted. It’s from the amplified range which means it is beyond vibrant and eye-catching.
5. Girl About Town – Perhaps my all time fave going out lipstick. This is another amplified lipstick so the fuchsia/pink hue is beyond vibrant and will turn heads wherever you go.
6. Rebel – This gorgeous plumy/red is a satin so comes out quite matte with just a little sheen. It is a gorgeous vampy colour and definitely one for the autumn/winter months.
7. Violetta – This two-toned purple is another amplified from the pro range, I can see a theme here. It is a very striking colour that doesn’t go with everything so you need to choose your eye makeup and outfit carefully if you don’t want to look garish.
8. Plumful – This beautiful plum (it’s all in the name baby) is a lustre finish, so although it’s a beautiful rich colour it comes out quite sheer and understated, meaning you can wear it day and night.
9. Creme de la Femme – Sorry guys but it’s all about the nudes for me in this section isn’t it?! This is another pink based nude that works so well with my cool skin tone. Again this is a frost that doesn’t really come out a frost which is perhaps why I love it!
10. Please Me – I can hear you yawning, not another pink NUDE! I can’t help myself though. I think the reason I love M.A.C. lipsticks so much is their vast range of nudes. There is something for every skin tone. Being a nurse my most worn shades are nudes, especially pink ones. I know they all look similar swatched but once applied they are totally different! This matte shade is really intense but you have to make sure your lips are in tip-top condition to wear it!
So that’s my top picks. I do have a massive array of colours in my M.A.C. collection but thought my Top 10 should represent my most beloved and worn colours. So enough about me, what are your top picks?
PEACE & LOVE
Sonya D x