So you do a kick ass job of your eye makeup, stand back to revel in your glory and realise you have the worst dark circles ever! Story of my life! I mean literally, my circles can probably be seen from the moon! My problem is pigmentation, I’ve had it my whole life and no matter what I do those pesky circles are always there.
My only option is to conceal, conceal, conceal! I have a few tried and tested concealing options, with my absolute fave being my four-step contour/concealer regime. Want to see it?…
You will need:
- A foundation of your choice, I’m going with MAC Studio Sculpt in NW20
- A good concealer of your choice, mines MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- A NYX HD Photogenic Concealer that is two shades lighter than your skin, mines fair
- A great setting powder, mines Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light
- A good set of brushes, mine are the Zoeva Rose Gold Set
- A Beauty Blender
- A bronzer of your choice, I went with Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil
- A highlighter of your choice, mines Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight
- A good blusher, mines NARS Orgasm
Always apply your foundation after you’ve completed your eye makeup! If you do it before then you’ll just destroy all your hard work with fall out from your eyeshadow. I apply mine with the large Zoeva brush pictured above.
Apply your chosen concealer to the problem area. When blending in, either pat with a good-sized brush (mines the second largest brush in the pic) or with a beauty blender. Never blend in by swiping the concealer, you’ll only remove half of your product and leave streaks.
OK I do realise that this looks a little funky but trust me! Take your NYX concealer and apply down your forehead and nose, on your chin and under your eyes in v shapes. Again take your brush and beauty blender and pat in until fully blended. Now beware you will be left with a cooler, multi-tonal face but that’s ok, we’ll warm it up.
I then set with my Ethereal Light. Apply bronzer to the top half of my forehead, under my cheekbones and chin. Then I highlight above my brows, cheekbones and top lip. Finally I apply my blusher.
Now my circles are pretty horrendous and unless I have a bit of a tan are always somewhat visible. If however yours aren’t as extreme as mine then this should work a treat at vanishing them and making your face a little skinnier to boot!
What about you guys, do you have any little tricks to get rid of those nasty little circles?
PEACE & LOVE
Sonya D x