I’ve been very kindly tagged by Tanya of Polka Dots and Cups of Tea to undertake the spring beauty tag. If you haven’t yet please go and have a little peek at her lovely blog. I am in complete awe of how she finds time to do all she does, whilst being the mum of four lovely kiddies, she’s like wonder woman or something! Anyhow here’s my answers and look out for my tags at the end.
1. Do you change your makeup when Spring arrives? If so, how?
- Yes I do. Firstly in winter I prefer to be more porcelain and my makeup is generally heavier and darker…smoky eyes, red lips etc. Spring generally sees me starting my tanning regime (fake obvs) so I’m more golden. Throughout spring and summer I much prefer the natural/dewy look, well as much as I can get away with. I tend to switch to BB/CC creams, cheek tints and lip glosses. I still love to play about with colour on my eyes though, this spring I’m loving blue and gold.
2. What’s your favourite Spring fragrance?
- This spring I’m loving Diptyque’s Do Son. Here’s what they say; “Relief from the sweltering climate, a pagoda on the shores of Ha Long Bay, where trade winds tenderly caress the flowers. A name that sings, undulating like waves upon a beach. Do Son is an eau de toilette rich with contrast, exuding the fresh, intoxicating sensuality of tuberose.” If that doesn’t make you think of spring what will?
3. What’s going to be your favourite accessory this Spring?
- My Dita Sunglasses! I’ve been waiting to wear these again since last summer…somehow they just don’t work in winter.
4. What’s going to be your most worn item of clothing this Spring?
- Playsuits, playsuits, playsuits…I love em!
5. What are your Top 3 favourite Spring nail polishes?
- This spring I’m totally going against the metallic trend, I’ve been doing it all winter and I’m over it! Instead I’m going for brights. My fave three are: Rimmel – Mind the Gap Victoria, Nails Inc – Kensington Palace Garden and Illamasqua’s – Fragile speckled blue.
6. Do you prefer pumps or sandals in Spring?
I would say sandals but as it never stops raining in Manchester, I usually go with Converse or Steve Madden boots. Oh and I neeeeed to get my hands on some cut out brogues.
7. What’s your favourite Spring Jacket
I love lightweight blazers in spring. Anything goes, brights, florals, dark, sequin…throw a little belt and a-line skirt into the mix and your bang on trend this season!
So that’s my answers to the questions posed. I would however like to add one more…
8. What’s your favourite flower?
OK so enough about me, I would like to tag:
- Anne of Powder & Puff
- Kerry of Kerry Just Beauty
- Joanna of Joanna Loves
- Sarah of Sarah Loves Makeup
- Kristin of Sassy Sapperstein
I hope you all have time to participate :O)
PEACE & LOVE
Sonya D x