As if my birthday could get any better, on Tuesday I got one of the most exciting notifications a blogger can get…a message to say I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. The lovely and very talented Sassy Sapperstein (love that name) nominated me. If you haven’t already go have a little nose at her very witty and engaging blog :O) So on to the award.
The rules are simple, you must;
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
- Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
OK so the questions that Sassy set me are;
1. What are your favorite toppings on a pizza?
- Oh Sassy what are you doing to me, I’m trying to be a good girl and eat right ;O) Only joking, I am actually one of those annoying people in the pizza shop that makes their own topping up. I go for a garlic infused tomato sauce with cheese…obvs, peppers, onions and spicy chicken. Oh and mushrooms, lots of mushrooms!
2. What is your holy grail foundation?
- Well anyone that reads my blog will know I’m totes obsessed with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk! Those guys should give me commission the amount I tout their stuff!
3. What is the last book you read?
- OK I actually read two books at the same time as the one I originally started reading was very hard going and emotional. So the first one was Stella Muller – Madej A Girl from Schindler’s List and the other one was Kris Jenner…and all things Kardashian. Talk about two opposite worlds!
4. Where do you shop the most at?
- Hmmmm this is a hard one. I would probably have to say for makeup…Selfridges beauty hall. Clothes would be…Vero Moda and Zara.
5. If you had an unlimited amount of money to buy three new beauty products what would they be?
- Sassy I love this question!! OK So I would go for; Eve Lom’s whole cosmetic range…sorry I can’t narrow it down to just one and I have unlimited money, right?!
- Next would be Giorgio Armani’s Belladonna highlighter…sigh.
- For the last one I would have…wow this is hard, it’s kinda like the cosmetic equivalent to three wishes from a genie! OK sorry I digress, I would have…a set of Tom Ford Brushes, I know they’re not strictly new on the market but I really, really want them!
- Coffee every time. If we’re being really specific, Nespresso Hawaiian Khona…only problem is you can’t get it anymore!
- Hmmmm, this is a really hard one to answer. So I reckon that anyone who was trying to describe me would say “you know that tall girl that’s obsessed with makeup and clothes”. Although very, very true my priority is not actually beauty and fashion. I’m much more concerned with the health and happiness of my loved ones. My beauty and fashion obsession is just a nice distraction from everyday life!
- I don’t like mean girls. You know the kind you compliment in the club toilet and they just look you up and down. I’m a total girls, girl. I love sharing tips and advice with anyone that’s interested and I love to get advice back. Hence why I’m a blog fanatic.
- I’m friendly, chatty, loyal, impulsive and at times inpatient! Oh and I’m obsessed with my little dog Mr Otis and the daft things he does!
- Apart from my Luminous Silk collection it is probably my Dior Minaudière eyeshadow & lip gloss palette. I was lucky enough to be gifted this as a thank you from my Mum for caring for her when she was ill…sweet isn’t she?! I don’t like to look at prices of gifts but I read somewhere once it was around $100 in the states, I’m not sure of the UK price though!
- Some of you may not know this but I’m a haematology/oncology nurse. On a day to day basis I care for people battling life threatening conditions. Watching hundreds if not thousands of people fight for their lives over the last 14 years has changed my outlook on life. Every person I’ve ever had the privilege of nursing has in some way inspired me and made me grateful for the most important thing in life…health and happiness!
10. What is your idea of the perfect date?
- This May for our 10 year anniversary me and Ché are going to Abu Dhabi and Thailand and I’m trying to plan a perfect date. What I’m trying to arrange is to leave early in the morning and go to the floating markets in Bangkok and then when the sun sets take a boat along the river to see the fireflies :O
- Aw for sentimental reasons it is Marc Jacob’s Daisy. My lovely Ché came home from work years ago telling me he had seen an advert for a new Marc Jacobs perfume that would soon be launched. Months later after I had forgotten all about it he took me on a surprise date. It was to get me Daisy on launch day :O)
- I’m ridiculously obsessed with curry. Chicken Tikka Madras to be exact! One day I’ll blog my Chicken Madras World Tour, Haaaaaaa!
- My favourite guilty pleasure is the Wicked soundtrack
- The best place I’ve ever travelled to is San Francisco
- I studied fashion and interior design before becoming a nurse
- If I had to choose between Music and TV I would choose Music
- My favourite genre of music is urban. Hip Hop, R&B, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Garage, Dubstep, Reggae…
- I’m obsessed with anything Harry Potter related, so much so that for my 30th my parents took me to Harry Potter world…loooool
- I love anything Vampire related. Buffy, Angel, Twilight, True Blood and of course it all started with The Lost Boys
- My favourite animal is the dog. Even more specifically the English Springer Spaniel…called Otis!
- Although not all I watch I do love me a bit of trash TV. TOWIE, MIC, Real Housewives, Big Brother…shameful I know!
- If I had to chose between makeup and fashion I think I would go with makeup, no fashion, no makeup…I’m indecisive!
OK then my lovelies enough about me. I would like to nominate;
- Andrea Elizabeth
- The Makeup Whoreder
- Simply Gorgeous
- Fashion Avenue News Magazine
- Glitter Bunnies
- Thrift Class
- Haute Glamour
- The Effortless Formula
- Glam & The City
- IMAGE BY ALEX G
The questions I would like to set are;
- Describe your perfect day?
- If you could choose your perfect job what would it be?
- If you could bring one TV show back what would it be?
- Sweeties or Chocolate?
- Name four cult cosmetic items you can’t live without
- Name four cosmetic lust haves you can’t stop dreaming about
- If you had to choose a last meal what would it be?
- If you could chose a superpower what would it be?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What are the best makeup brushes you have found?
- If you could only buy two magazines a month which ones would you choose?
Thank you again Sassy for nominating me. I love reading the answers that Liebster nominees give and am especially looking forward to hearing all my nominees answers. I hope you all have time to participate.
As Always…PEACE & LOVE
Sonya D x